Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno State has identified and listed 20 topmost targets he hopes to achieve in the coming year, 2022 for the state.
Zulum listed each of them on Tuesday in Maiduguri, while presenting the 2022 budget before lawmakers at the Borno State House of Assembly.
This was contained in a facebook post on his official page on Friday.
The governor said: “We aim to achieve the following 20 key deliverables from the 2022 budget;
1. We plan to complete and commission the Borno State University Teaching Hospital, insha’Allah.
2. We plan to recruit 1,000 health workers in the year 2022.
3. We plan to implement N30,000 minimum wage for qualified primary school teachers.
4. We plan to recruit 3,000 qualified teachers in the year 2022.
5. We plan to set up effective Monitoring and Evaluation Teams starting with Healthcare, Water and Schools (HWS).
6. We plan to introduce Borno School Defense Volunteers under the coordination of the Special Adviser on Security.
7. We plan to launch BORNO HEROES’ SUPPORT PROGRAMME for scholarship to children of CJTF, hunters and volunteers who died fighting insurgents; and to support widows of fallen volunteers.
8. We plan to re-establish all closed-down secondary schools in all safe and resettled communities, starting with Dikwa, Monguno, and some others.
9. We plan to establish six Centres of Excellence from existing secondary schools, two in each Senatorial zone.
10. We plan to rehabilitate the College of Education, Waka, Biu.
11. We plan to establish an all-women Vocational Training Institute.
12. We plan to establish more Higher Islamic Colleges in Gamboru-Ngala, Malam-Fatori, Damboa, and Kwayakusar.
13. We plan to rebuild and resettle Malam-Fatori and Gudumbali and undertake major infrastructural works in Kala-Balge.
14. We plan to systematically address generational scourge of political thuggery by awarding scholarships to 150 children of political youths in ECOMOG who sign bonds to stop thuggery.
15. We plan to start implementing reforms of the Sangaya/Almajiri system by establishing a regulatory agency.
16. We plan to engage 1,000 youths from Biu and 1,000 youths from Gwoza, Monguno, and Bama into an empowerment programme.
17. We plan to dualize the post office road.
18. We also plan that we will be able to open and rehabilitate Maiduguri-Damboa road.
19. We plan to introduce a new mass transit and bring in 500 Keke NAPEP.
20. We plan to continue our city expansion policy.